|2 Weeks Prior to Move|
- Begin document and files sorting.
- Read all memos concerning the relocation.
- Make note of your relocation identification number provided by the project manager.
|1 Week Prior to Move|
- Moving cartons, packing containers and shred & purge bins will be delivered by the mover.
- Read and study the moving guides and labeling instruction sheets.
- Begin labeling all items to be relocated.
|1 Day Prior to Move|
- Finalize packing.
- Address computer and equipment issues (make backups if required).
- Locate all keys that need to be left for the new employee at your work station.
- Take an accurate count of your packed cartons and label them accordingly (1 of 6, 2 of 6 . . . ).
- Report to the designated area (as requested by the project manager).
- Turn off computer.
- Finish packing of all smaller items and computer peripherals.
- Double check that your labels are filled in correctly.
- Double check that all items have been labeled.
|1st Day After Move|
- Unpack, check and review all containers at new location.
- Check for keys, paper trays, name plates and other miscellaneous items.
- Familiarize yourself with new printer and fax locations.
- Check your computer network connections.
- Setup voice mail, telephone and send test fax and voice mail messages.
- Contact your project manager if anything is missing or out of order.
|1 Week After Move|
- By now you should have returned all emptied cartons and containers to designated area.